Sorry to say this but if you don't know that HKCU means HKey Current User, you should be nowhere near a registry.
Windows 11's Right Click Context Menu has got to go.
This is the most terrible, stupid, and annoying thing Microsoft has ever designed into a UI.
They've completely abandoned us power users here, and even normal users.
Get rid of that stupid 'Show more Options' button and give us everything relevant to the element we're right clicking at the start, or give us an option to toggle it off so everyone gets the best of both worlds.
Having to use third party tools to hack up the UI to bring back the Windows 10 context menu is an atrocious bandaid many have been applying to fix this.
What would be even more amazing, which baffles me isn't an easily accessable thing, is the option to EDIT your right click context menu, and to uninstall / disable things that some programs attach to it.
Come on Microsoft.. at this rate, Windows 12 will be the curse of the computing world.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-03-06T20:36:09+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-02-28T04:01:52+00:00 At the very least, they should have put the most frequently used commands at the top of the list.
We all know that there are:
Cut, Copy, Paste and Rename.
Why are they buried in the Additional Commands. You have to wonder about the people who write software for Microsoft.
I agree. There are things they could have removed from the right click context menu that I wouldn't have missed, others I wouldn't have noticed, but they nerfed some of the most useful commands (including the ones you listed)!
-
Les Ferch 10,366 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-01-23T14:02:37+00:00 I'm also not a fan of the new context menu, but there is a handy item there labelled Copy as Path. That actually also exists in Windows 10 when you right-click with the Shift key held down. It's the easiest way to get a file path.
-
Anonymous
2025-01-23T08:42:45+00:00 Completely new to 11 but stumbled on this "ERROR" immediately. And why can't I select text like paths in file details, shall I grab pen and paper or start notepad, if I can find it, to write it down. Pure meddlesomeness (ANGRY)
-
Anonymous
2024-12-01T18:51:23+00:00 your request has been answered in the 24H2 update!