2024-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034765) "Something didn't go as planned. No need to worry-undoing changes. Please keep your computer on"

Anonymous
2024-02-16T05:28:33+00:00

HELP please,

Acer SFG16-71 cannot complete 2024-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034765) "Something didn't go as planned. No need to worry-undoing changes. Please keep your computer on"

Laptop fails at 89& to update

DO NOT have Male Ware Bytes installed

Have tried updating manually locally, downloaded the .msu

Hae tried isolating laptop form network, turned off Norton 360, install locally with .msu,

Have 800GB on SSD Drive available space,

Just won't do it.

Some more info for you as it in my system updates and "Needs Attention".

MSU info failed to install locally:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5034765

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/DownloadDialog.aspx

Download UpdateID cf62e03b-3900-40d9-85fa-05faa930d2c3

Download Updates 2024-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034765) windows11.0-kb5034765-x64_0b9338c4ace818aa52dbef7f674250aeb341f0f1.msu

Acer info:

Device name Acer_SwiftGo16

Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700H 2.40 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)

Device ID F37E4B15-46D0-4545-8812-BC30E26FB4F2

Product ID 00342-21166-61519-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Home

Version 23H2

Installed on ‎2/‎02/‎2024

OS build 22631.3085

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22684.1000.0

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-02-17T01:57:43+00:00

Glad it helped.

It should be set to Manual start.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-02-21T03:43:06+00:00

    You're very welcome Kim.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-21T02:51:17+00:00

    I am retired and never worked in computer industry...but,

    I went down the rabbit hole, just like U, with this problem with this MS Win11 update screw up by MS. To me, re-installing WIN11 seemed as too radically crazy. As an after though re-installation of WIN11 would have solved nothing since the "C:**$WinREAgent**" folder would have been still there to cause the problem.

    I solved my problem on my Laptop but as I write these word on my PC, which is using WIN10, I realize that I will probable get the same problem updating WIN 11 after I make my WIN11 upgrade...that is, I have a "C:*$WinREAgent**" folder on my current WIN10 PC!!! I anticipate that I will need to modify my APP READINESS service setting to manual and rename the "C:*$WinREAgent**" folder to say "C:**$WinREAgent_renamedToSolveWin11UpdateProblem**".

    That should to it!!!

    Cheers

    PS...I hate these MS rabbit holes!!! Also, sometimes, the simple solution is the best. It was this time around!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T20:50:14+00:00

    Thanks. deleting $WinREAgent allowed KB5034765 to install. I wonder if only that had been necessary after numerous things that were tried. Besides that renaming/deletion there were only 2 other things changed since the most recent failure. I rolled back to an image created 2 days ago that preceded the failed attempts & preceded installation of BleachBit. I also had OneDrive paused. I so appreciate the work you do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-02-20T17:24:50+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments