It doesn't get to the automatic repair environment no matter how many times I restart it
Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options
I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out ( I usually have my passwords and pins written down somewhere incase I forget). It doesn't have the "I forgot my pin" option at all and tried disabling the secure boot option in BIOS, didn't do anything. I tried holding down shift+ restart to try entering to safe mode, did not work. I do not want to reset my laptop to lose all of my stuff and I'm at my wits end with this, how do I solve this?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-11-25T07:45:36+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-11-05T17:20:00+00:00 when i try to do step one i do not see the windows logo
-
Anonymous
2024-10-19T14:13:22+00:00 Hi @Martin,
I'm having same problem with Kareena, and found this thread, and have followed the steps you've provided. However, it won't let me log into my original account at all. It sure does no longer request that I enter PIN for my original account, but nothing happens when I click log in. Any help you could provide for this would be great.
Thank you in advance!