I can't install .NET Framework 3.5 on my Windows 11 laptop.

Anonymous
2024-04-05T14:13:11+00:00

I have tried to turn on the windows features for .NET framework 3.5 and install it through the command prompt, but nothing seems to work.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T14:43:35+00:00

    It happened after trying to run the driver verifier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T14:39:01+00:00

    Yes, I followed these steps again since the same issue occurred but it didn’t help.

    I tried to run driver verifier. However, now I can’t even turn on my laptop because my laptop keeps restarting and I’m getting blue screen all the time and I’m really worried.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-14T14:29:05+00:00

    Please redo the registry modification we did earlier. I'm reposting it below:

    Open admin Command Prompt and run:

    • reg.exe load HKLM\COMPONENTS c:\windows\system32\config\components

    Press Enter.

    Then, open Regedit.exe and go to:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components\x86_system.web_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_10.0.22621.557_none_ba07d193866dcf48

    In the right pane, right-click "CF" and choose Delete.

    Exit the Registry Editor.

    Attempt to install .NET Framework 3.5 now.

    If that doesn't help, share your latest CBS logs on OneDrive

    • c:\windows\logs\cbs\                   <= Zip and upload all files in this folder.

    (How-To: Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T14:26:47+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm receiving the same error again:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments