Windows 11 is awful.

Reported
Anonymous
2024-04-24T15:03:51+00:00

I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.

Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows processes. My current gaming laptop specs should be able to handle what I do on my computer but instead a small game running will cause my laptop to get hot (already it gets a bit warm from just all the stuff running in the background THAT I DIDN'T INSTALL. Everything on there either was there or is new from the update.) Without running any personally installed applications, my window/background processes my task manager says I use NEARLY HALF of my CPU and around 30 Memory. I have tried ending tasks in the task manager but they continue to pop up and I attempted to uninstall the programs causing it but can't delete any of them because my SYSTEM can only make changes to those. I have looked here for an answer and have done just about everything Microsoft 'claims' to help. What's worse is I don't know what is SAFE to uninstall if I do figure it out. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET A NEW GAMING COMPUTER/LAPTOP DON'T GET WINDOWS 11 UNLESS YOU'RE A MASTER WIZARD AT UNINSTALLING OR HAVE A BUNCH OF CPU/MEMORY. I'm apparently not the only one having this particular problem where Windows runs way too many processes in the background, several friends of mine refuse to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 because of it.

I don't know if there's a way to go back because it's been a bit but I'd much prefer going back to windows 10.

Personally, I would prefer windows 8 (the biggest failure of them all) over windows 11. I'd rather have a hard time navigating around on my computer than hardly being able to use it for its intended purpose.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.8 GB usable)

Device ID 0662E79D-D3FB-4DE4-81F8-F79964A0CC5A

Product ID 00325-97249-48126-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch Pen support

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T16:13:45+00:00

    I totally agree. I’ve just moved to Windows 11 on new computer. I’ve wasted days trying to figure out how to use it with all the restrictions. 4 days on the help line as so many issues including email configurations and the media player is a app not the integrated one which has caused many issues too. Sadly after October 25 they will no longer do uploads for Windows 10. I’m actually thinking to move to Apple. This has been the worst computer experience ever. Windows 10 was a breeze in comparison

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-12T05:51:54+00:00

    my goodness your right I have a msi crosshair 15 and I recently download drivers for the graphics card and CPU and it literally blue screen on me when i tried to restart my computer because of the overheating issues with the dogshit windows 11 . and i just switched to windows 10

    and my battery life has tripled and the overheating issues are gone.

    ps

    i spent over an hour solving the dam.sys issue even with a msi technician

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-26T21:00:47+00:00

    By Far the worst ive ever used! given it chance after chance after chance it even wiped my back up drive recently Microsoft will have a huge problem when they stop supporting windows 10 and trust in Microsoft windows will be at an all time low.

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T07:38:44+00:00

    Please don’t try to mislead people? There are laws that prevent something like installing software that doesn’t damage the product somehow voiding a warranty. Don’t try to tell people things that might make them not file a claim. Just Google (or anything but Bing) the Magnuson–Moss warranty act and respectfully stop answering questions that involve money since you clearly haven’t tried to get the info to do it properly.

    0 comments No comments