Why is the scroll bar in Windows 11 so narrow? In what world is this an improvement?

Anonymous
2024-06-27T01:49:22+00:00

I wish I had blocked the forced "upgrade" to Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T14:12:14+00:00

    I was forced to migrate to W11 from W10 by my company a couple of day ago. What a pain! But to be honest, they could make it much worse. So, let's thank Microsoft for not revealing all of the aces they had in the hole (I bet, they've had ideas of much more annoying things on the table).

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-29T17:32:12+00:00

    Which one did it help to resize if not Explorer? I have a disability. Wait until they decide to let AI "minimalize" everything not just overly zelous developers, we will be determined not to be needed to be around anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-04T13:50:00+00:00

    When it comes to unnecessary and even harmful changes, the defense is, "you'll get used to it."

    Very frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T22:34:04+00:00

    I liked Windows XP-professional.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T00:54:37+00:00

    Sorry, but why is the scroll bar width (or height) specified according to pixel count? Wouldn't it make more sense as a proportion of the total screen width (or height)? This would help those of us with high resolution displays avoid digging through the registry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments