Is there a solution to fix my cursor lock when using Xbox game bar?

Anonymous
2024-07-17T00:07:24+00:00

So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-07T10:03:45+00:00

    I'm on the latest release of Windows 11 24H2.

    Uninstalling windows update KB5044384 fixes the problem. You can download Microsoft's tool to hide windows updates to prevent it reinstalling itself. This obviously isn't a proper fix and Microsoft needs to address the problem.

    Show or hide updates

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-06T14:14:55+00:00

    Hello everyone,

    Found this post really useful as I have the exact same issue as numerous people have detailed in this thread. I think I may have found fix for it. I repaired all three of the apps above and then I went on to fix the Microsoft Visual C++ using a separate thread on another issue as detailed below:

    “Lester BernardReyes

    Replied on July 5, 2024Report abuse

    Hi Charles, thanks for reaching out. My name is Bernard a Windows fan like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.

    I understand the issue you have, there is nothing to worry I am here to help, this error is due to a Visual C++ runtime library error and it can also be caused by the incompatible display driver, in this case, the first thing you need to do is to uninstall and reinstall the game which is having an issue as it will automatically reinstall runtime files required for the game, if the problem persists, you may follow the steps below:

    Repair All Visual C++:

    Press the Windows key + R and type:

    appwiz.cpl

    Then press

    OK Right-click each Microsoft Visual C++> Click Change> click Repair

    Note: Do this on all Visual C++ Restart the computer and check”

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-31T11:51:36+00:00

    I am using Logitech mouse with GHub and experiencing the same exact issue with Game Bar being root cause. This is not a Razor issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T23:14:50+00:00

    Welp, I attempted your steps of repairing the 3 different apss and resetting the computer, and then the reseting of apps and resetting the computer. Alas the problem still persists and continues. I made sure to check for driver updates and version updates as well before hand before attempting this process. Not sure if it would help but I am running build version (22635.3930 ni_release) although I didn't notice anything relating to my issue in their recent blog about the version in the known issues area.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T03:59:51+00:00

    Hello! I'm Jen, and I'd be happy to help you out with this issue.

    I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Try repairing or resetting Xbox, Xbox gamebar and Gaming services app. Select Start > Settings > Apps > Installed Apps > Scroll down and look for Xbox app > Click on three dots next to it and select Advanced options > click Repair. If repair doesn't help, click Reset under the Repair button. Do the same steps above for Game Bar and Gaming Services app. You can find Game Bar by scrolling to the bottom > Click System Components. Reboot your computer afterwards then check if the problem is resolved. Let me know if this solution works for you. If not, please feel free to reply, and I'll be happy to provide further assistance. Thank you.

    Best Regards!

    Jen :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments