Is there a solution to fix my cursor lock when using Xbox game bar?

Anonymous
2024-07-17T00:07:24+00:00

So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T11:54:01+00:00

    Here is a temporary fix to the issue, you can use the Xbox App to use all the essential Xbox features, and you will never have the issue, it may not be ideal as you can't use recordings or screenshots but you can still use messages, parties and so on!

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T01:14:28+00:00

    same thing. let me know if you find a solution

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-04T02:14:00+00:00

    I've been encountering the same thing for a few days now.

    I called windows support about it, and after re downloading windows, it fixed the issue, even while using game bar.
    My computer automatically updated last night, and now it's back.
    Currently in the process of re downloading windows again. Hopefully I can just prevent windows updates and solve the issue that way from now on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T10:02:59+00:00

    Hello I am having the same problem with my PC I have just finished doing all of the other thing you have listed and they didn't work.

    I am using a Razer DeathAdder V2 X Hyperspeed with the Razer Synapse tool for my mouse.

    Are there any solutions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T02:31:27+00:00

    Hi,

    May I ask if you use Razer Synapse tool for your mouse or keyboard? Do you have the app installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments