Bosd caused due to watchdog.sys

Anonymous
2024-07-31T13:10:23+00:00

I have been receiving the bosd by the watchdog.sys for 1 and half month. I am very frustrated right now. I don't know what to do. After getting bosd my computer does not restart it shows the black screen. After doing the force shutdown It opens when we open after 4 minutes. And when we put our password it quietly runs for 2-3 minutes and again blue screen error occurs. Pleaseeeeee someone tell me the solution.pleaseee. And when I scan the dump files using who crashed app it said it was a vedio related error and caused by file watchdog.sys. Pleaseeeeee

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-03T06:56:57+00:00

    Yes my system is safe and stable in safe mode and is that problem and the bosd problem have same cause?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-03T06:50:00+00:00

    My laptop usually don't run for that long it gets bsod after running for 2 - 3 mins ( sometimes never during running ) so I can't give you that .

    Image

    I can have this photo if it can assist you about my problem .

    Once again thankyou for your time for finishing that bsod loop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-08-03T06:44:33+00:00

    Please check if you have any new minidump files created that you can upload for analysis.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-03T06:23:10+00:00

    this is literally on the loop it rebooted bsod occured it revoots bsod occurs means the laptop doesn't give a chance to open as well . I am soooo stresseddddddddddd. I really really regret that descion of opening the driver verifier and selecting all and tapping to finish .

    Does it happen always ???

    Eagerly waiting for your reply???????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-08-03T06:19:17+00:00

    Use these steps to turn off Driver Verifier, are you then able to get into Windows?

    Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

    Do this twice

    On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt... etc.

    Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Settings and click Restart

    Upon restart, press 4 to enter Safe Mode

    Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run these two commands, then restart your PC.

    verifier /reset

    verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments