How do I keep my mouse from leaving the window on FPS games?

Anonymous
2024-08-10T15:11:05+00:00

So, when I'm playing any FPS games (or games that use the mouse to track the game environment), my mouse cursor goes invisible. However, instead of being locked to the center of the screen, it moves around freely, to the point where i have accidently minimized or closed out of my game. Also worth mentioning, this is on a laptop, not a multiple screen PC.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, as I've exhausted my sources of research and none of them helped.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-03T23:55:27+00:00

    This worked perfectly. For those in English it looks more like:

    1. On the file to the left, search for Computer configuration ->Administrative Templates-> Windows components ->Edge UI
    2. Select the option "Allow edge swipe" and open the edit box.

    then the rest, but still easy enough instructions to make sense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Quinn.HP 9,755 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-08-12T01:56:59+00:00

    Unfortunately, this is the best of my knowledge. I will reroute your ticket to other experts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T17:51:19+00:00

    My graphics drivers are updated. I'm on a Asus X200M laptop, so there is no graphics card.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Quinn.HP 9,755 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-08-11T13:43:03+00:00

    If that didn't work. Try updating your graphics drivers. You can typically do this through your computer's Device Manager or by visiting the website of your graphics card manufacturer (like NVIDIA or AMD) to download the latest drivers. Feel free to reply if you need further assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T11:46:34+00:00

    Yes, I have.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments