How to downgrade from Windows 11 24H2 to 23H2 without losing any data

Anonymous
2024-10-30T13:25:39+00:00

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 24H2 since October 4 2024 using it's installation assistant, but after nearly a month of using it, I've ran into having bugs, issues and slow Windows startup speeds.

I can't stand with bugs on 24H2 anymore, so my last option is to probably roll back to Windows 11 23H2, but the "rollback option" was greyed out for over 10 days.

Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 11 23H2 without losing any data? Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-14T09:05:58+00:00

    I also experienced problems with the new 24H2 update, this time it deleted all of my Bluetooth drivers.

    I tried restarting my computer and downloading the Bluetooth driver from the website where I bought the laptop, but I still can't use Bluetooth. I checked device manager and the entire Bluetooth section is just, gone. It really is an inconvenience as I can't connect my earbuds to my laptop, all of my other headphones don't connect and now I'm forced to put my volume up.

    Can anyone help pls?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-12T20:40:53+00:00

    PedroCurtis :

    That's You're Choice at the end of the Day When you're PC Messed Up cause you downloaed from A web Site Cause JO BLOW SAID it was the best.

    You can't come into some else web and Complain and say it's there "FAULT" cause YOU -Yes You Chose to take Information From an Non Registered No-Legit Web Site You Use that Software To The Program At You're own "RISK" And have NO One Else To Blame But you're Self As HARD as That May Seem this How a Lot of DISSINFORMATION Get's around it's time people Wise Up and listen to people who are straight up about the software you use Not Sugar Coat it.

    Using "PIRETED" Software Your May have Opened you're System to A hacker if they Tell you you "DIISABLE" you're "FIREWALL" soft ware Just to Install there software In there codes "SCRIPT"- you Opened up you're Pc and Gave them Access to a back door and use you're computer and Block all you're "Commands" And "Lock-You Out " Why Cause You-YOU" Let them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-12T19:52:32+00:00

    One I'm Not Microcrosoft 2 Don't take that Tone with Me or any one else

    3

    I'm Disspleased Just as you for Microsoft Lying to us us . check Out Microsoft Policy SEC 5-7 they take NO-Responcibility if Microsoft messes up you're Device I'm Not An AI -BOT More Nore-Do I Work For Microsoft .

    The Go Back Page Only Say 10 Days - you can use Regedit to extentd it to 60 day's Max with in the 30 Day's Of The Orgional Down Load.

    Try This page they Have A Windows 11 Page as well at the top of there site On there web Page type in Extend Window Go back 60 Days Instructions

    Please see section "/Set-OSUninstallWindow" in this article.

    DISM Operating System uninstall Command-Line Options | Microsoft Learn https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/dism-uninstallos-command-line-options?view=windows-11#set-osuninstallwindow

    How to increase the number of days to roll back Windows to a previous - Microsoft Community:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-windows_install/how-to-increase-the-number-of-days-to-roll-back/67a28ee8-716d-4577-bf28-e295fd780434?messageId=c5c68432-e084-4595-a5e7-0ddf710054eb

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-extend-the-go-back-windows-10/b70d143e-03fa-4bd2-8837-ac4e036a5f6c

    DISM /Online /Set-OSUninstallWindow /Value:<days>
    
    • Value sets how many days after an upgrade that an uninstall can be initiated.

    If you specify a value less than two or greater than 60, the system uses the default value of 10.

    Example:

    Copy

    DISM /Online /Set-OSUninstallWindow /Value:60 Is the "MAX" you can set it for .

    For more info on rolling back from Windows 11 to Windows 10, see Downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10.

    Related topics

    DISM Image Management Command-Line Options

    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) Command-Line Options

    POWER SHELL or cmd try POWER SHELL first make sure you have the latest verions.

    oh And Brink the windows ELEVON PAGE 10 page works fine it's the ELEVEON Windows westire page we can Log in Proppler after a Month of a slow Log in .

    I'm Not with Twitter any closed are account's with them Where over On BlueSky Now

    I will On;y use site where DISS INFORMATION Is Not "ALLOWED "ANY MORE

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T09:20:07+00:00

    if it's medical Office Keep all that On a Portable 4tb -2tb 8tb USB-C Drive this you won't lose anythinn g Windows 24H2 since Oct 1 messed up every system I think this was Deliberit of MS where not the beta testers they did this Delibret we found out after we where the Socia Experiments /

    BACK UP yo're system to a ext usb-type-c this some ever gose wrong you have you're system amd don't Put windows 24H2 On you're syems Untill they have the FULL LEGAL vers thats right not trhe Beta Verson they pawned off to us

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-18T04:41:47+00:00

    i just got my pc on the 7th and thought everything worked fantastic until on the 11th or 12th i downloaded the cumulative update for framework.net and windows 24H2. after the update i haven't been able to play online with black ops 6. on rare occasion i can load into a public match but i will lose connection to host/servers right away or every single time. i spent SOO much money to be happy with this and so far its been a complete wait of a week. i have hope that this can be fixed, it just doesn't make sense and i really wish someone could help me figure it out. there are so many players on pc enjoying themselves without a problem so what gives this is absolutely so frustrating!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments