How to solve error code 0x80073cf9?

Anonymous
2024-11-14T14:36:08+00:00

Hey everyone,

I have been using whatsapp on windows from a long time now but yesterday I had a meeting on it and when I tried opening it from my task bar(windows 10), it didn't work and the same with any other method.

One thing I noticed is a semi filled white bar and when I went to the MS store, it showed that it needed an update and when I did try, it was almost complete and then it showed an error with the code: 0x80073cf9.

Please help me.

regards,

fellow window user

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T19:42:05+00:00

    Thanks a lot!!! I was struggling to find a solution. Downloading and installing the windows app SDK solved the problem. :D

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T18:48:45+00:00

    Today both WhatsApp and Skype are working again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T18:39:17+00:00

    i got the same error message have you found a solution yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-17T14:58:09+00:00

    I followed all the above steps, and I still receive the attached response on Stores. It appears to be a Microsoft issue. I also uninstalled my Microsoft software and reinstalled it to no avail. Microsoft needs to issue a patch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments