ERRROR 0xc1900101 WHILE INSTALLING WIN 11 24H2

Anonymous
2024-12-29T07:34:47+00:00

I am trying to install the new Windows 11 update from Windows Update, but I keep getting error 0xc1900101 after rebooting.

The installation starts, and after a couple  restarts, it says:

" Attempting to recover installation "

" Undoing changes made to your computer "

And then I am greeted with error 0xc1900101 on Windows Update.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-31T04:56:50+00:00

Hi Christopher,

Nice work. I'm glad it's resolved, and thanks for the update.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-12-31T04:53:06+00:00

Dear Ramesh,

Thank you for your assistance, you were really helpful.

At a point my pc touch screen stopped responding during the many installation attempts, so didn't know what I had done to cause this. then I decided to clean install, so i chose not to keep my files and settings and it worked.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-31T04:33:57+00:00

    Hi Christopher,

    SynTP.sys is the Synaptics driver.

    And, I wonder if the extended error code has changed now.

    Please share the latest Panther and Rollback logs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-30T18:14:27+00:00

    The computer has had multiple BSODs.

    When available please run the V2 log collector > post a share link

    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/bsod-posting-instructions.103/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-30T17:55:06+00:00

    Dear Ramesh,

    I downloaded the ISO file. The installation failed again. See attached error message. Error code like - SynTP.sys and something like system thread not handled.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments