Hi Christopher,
Nice work. I'm glad it's resolved, and thanks for the update.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am trying to install the new Windows 11 update from Windows Update, but I keep getting error 0xc1900101 after rebooting.
The installation starts, and after a couple restarts, it says:
" Attempting to recover installation "
" Undoing changes made to your computer "
And then I am greeted with error 0xc1900101 on Windows Update.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Christopher,
Nice work. I'm glad it's resolved, and thanks for the update.
Dear Ramesh,
There is no rollback folder. setupapi.offline.20220507_052432.log setupapi.dev.log s setupapi.setup.log
Thank you
Hi Christopher,
Unfortunately, there are no clues from the logs yet. The setup log shows the setup terminated abruptly during the device installation.
Please unplug all extra hardware and retry the 24H2 installation using the ISO (instead of the Installation Assistant). Let's see if we can diagnose the issue this time.
(or)
Reset Windows 11 with the Keep my files option. Your apps and settings will be lost, though.
Dear Ramesh,
There is no rollback folder. setupapi.offline.20220507_052432.log setupapi.dev.log s setupapi.setup.log
Thank you
Hi Christopher,
The setup failed during device installation. There is no "Rollback" folder, right? If it's present, attach that as well.
Share these as well:
c:\windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log
c:\windows\inf\setupapi.setup.log
c:\windows\inf\setupapi.offline.log