One of the drives in my pc has gone missing after i ran an app downloaded from the internet called Sheep-it render farm

Anonymous
2025-01-02T13:19:18+00:00

So I downloaded an app that was apparently safe to use, but after running it and then closing it one my drives with all my files on it disappeared.

And when i try to access one of the folders from file explorer that was from that drive that for some reason disappeared it comes up with this message.

I managed to fix the upload issue here is the image

Is there any way to fix this as i had 2 years worth of files on that drive and would really appreciate if i could receive some help, i would be very grateful.

Im afraid to restart the pc incase i lose the files, so i will just keep trying to find a solution for it until .

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-02T15:59:48+00:00

    Okay, i will be here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T15:49:25+00:00

    Ok!I will restart now

    Unfortunately its still not there

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-02T15:46:26+00:00

    Please stop that process with the BIOS file, there is a very specific method to install BIOS on your motherboard, and you may or may not need that update.

    Install the chipset drivers and restart your PC to see if the D drive is back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T15:40:25+00:00

    Ok, I downloaded the chipset

    Before I restart I also downloaded the BIOS which you recommended,

    What do you suggest I do from here

    Sorry for the slow reply, still having that error message when i send a message

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-02T15:29:22+00:00

    They do not seem to provide Windows 11 drivers for your laptop, please just install the Windows 10 chipset driver, then restart your PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments