How do you install new bios system?

Anonymous
2025-03-29T12:25:42+00:00

Ive got a new ssd and when i start upp the computer it says ”boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk”. I have an hp victus

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-31T18:15:35+00:00

    In that case, you will need to contact the support for your device on their website, they need to provide you with a chipset driver that you need to put on your bootable USB, then when you cannot see the SSD, click 'Load Driver' and then load that chipset driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-31T18:10:44+00:00

    Wdym. I get where I can choose which language I want on windows 11 then when I have to choose disk I can’t choose neither

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-03-31T18:06:01+00:00

    That is just the drive information, like model number...etc.

    Are you able to boot your system from the USB drive to begin installing Windows on that SSD?.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments