Almoristics service virus

Anonymous
2025-04-08T07:58:41+00:00

I have what I'm pretty sure is a virus called almoristics service. I have tried Malwarebytes, a windows defender offline scan and manually deleting things, but cant seem to get it to go away. Any suggestions? I would prefer not to reinstall Windows as I'm not sure how to.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-06T17:22:25+00:00

    Sì io tuttora ho bitdefender come antivirus ma non ho avuto modo di provare la sua efficacia

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-06T17:10:30+00:00

    Wonderful.

    Thank you for the feedback!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-05-06T17:03:49+00:00

    Hi Federico,

    The system is clean. There is nothing suspicious.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-06T15:11:56+00:00

    Hello Sir. I actually had the same problem mentioned above. I happened to find the same Almoristic application within my computer programs. It seems my antivirus Kapersky managed to successfully disinfect my device but I actually want to make sure it properly did it.

    As I followed the steps you suggested, there it is a download link for my FRST.txt and Addition.txt files. 

    Download link: https://gofile.io/d/YDZjTo

    I will patiently wait for your reply.

    With Regards,

    Federico.

    Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64-bit (FRST64.exe)

    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

     

    Note: If Microsoft Edge or Chrome mislabels the Farbar Scanner executable as PUA/malware, choose to keep it by tapping … in the bottom bar, choosing Keep, and then choosing Keep anyway in the dialog that appears.

    See this screenshot: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/media/microsoft-edge-security-download-interruptions/dowload-was-blocked.png. It's a safe tool used in most antimalware forums.

     

    Rename FRST64.exe to FRST64English.exe.

     

    Run the program. Don't modify any options. Click "Scan".

     

    Add the two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt, to a Zip archive, upload them to GoFile.io and share the link here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. quietman7 MVP Alumni 19,830 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-05-01T21:54:19+00:00

    GOOGLE Translation of Basilio Germanà's post

    Quote

    I initially also tried to delete it manually but there is no way to do it, you have to reinstall Windows by going to settings and doing a factory reset, but first do a backup, this way you will have removed the virus 100%, at least I did it like this then I don't know if there are other easier methods, you could try using Bitdefender to delete Almoristics Service but I don't know if it will definitely remove it, try it

    Actually if the victim just follow's Ramesh Srinivasan [VM]'s instructions, most likely they will not need to resort to such action.

    In realtà, se la vittima seguisse semplicemente le istruzioni di Ramesh Srinivasan, molto probabilmente non avrebbe bisogno di ricorrere a tale azione.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments