When I turn on my computer, I get a blue screen with Bad System Config Info error and it keeps restarting and going to that same screen.

Anonymous
2025-04-26T22:10:39+00:00

I've tried turning it off and on repeatedly to get to the system repair screen but that doesn't work, so I'm stuck in it just keep restarting and going back to this blue screen. The screen says: "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Stop code is BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO The error comes up as Windows is loading after the Dell logo appears. This error came up after the computer used to load the Dell logo and then go to a blank screen. I tried resetting the Bios and putting it back to a previous state and neither worked. I also tried manually resetting the clock. I did a hardware diagnosis and that all came back clear. I called Dell and they said I needed to wipe my computer to it's original state because it's a Windows issue. I unplugged the computer for a bit and then when I turned it back on, I now get this blue screen showing up, restarting and showing up repeatedly. I tried hitting F12 to get it to the screen where I can do diagnosis tests, but that doesn't work either.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Manoel Barros 22,030 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-04-28T01:59:53+00:00

Thanks for your feedback!

To make things faster, you can format your disk. Since you have your important data saved in the cloud, you can follow the steps below:

  1. On the "Select location to install Windows 11" screen, open the terminal again by pressing SHIFT + F10 and type the commands below (in sequence):

diskpart

list disk

sel disk 0

clean

convert gpt

exit

exit

  1. Click Refresh > Select the formatted and cleaned Disk 0 > Click Next > Install Windows 11.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T01:33:44+00:00

    I went back to the BIOS menu and everything was checked again. I unchecked all but the flash drive and the hard drive and put the flash drive first. The computer restarted and I did the process to install Windows 11 and ended up back at the same screen "Select location to install Windows 11" and the hard drive isn't showing. Now what?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Manoel Barros 22,030 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-27T01:21:06+00:00

    Good point!! If that menu is in the BIOS, in the Boot tab, you need to mark it again. However, move the Flash Drive so that it is in first place. Mark only the SSD and the USB Flash Drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T01:17:44+00:00

    Is it not showing up because we unchecked the box by my hard drive and ONLY checked the flash drive?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Manoel Barros 22,030 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-04-27T01:16:16+00:00

    It seems the problem is more serious than we thought... your SSD is not showing up. It should.

    Access the BIOS again (where you have the option to select the USB Flash Drive) and look for the Restore Defaults option.

    Send me Screenshots of the Boot, Advanced and Security Tabs if there are any.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments