0x800703ee error upgrading to Windows 11

Anonymous
2025-06-18T05:29:59+00:00

Whether I use Windows Update or the Application Assistant, I get this same error.
Error message:
There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800703ee)

  • Antivirus and external drives disabled
  • Chkdsk returns no errors
  • There's plenty of space on C drive as well as in the EFI partititon
  • C drive has been cleaned up
  • All drivers have been updated
  • All Windows 11 requirements have been met

I'm not sure what else to try.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-06-20T10:10:58+00:00

Please run:

diskpart


select disk 2


list part


select part 2 -- This selects the EFI partition

Image


del part override


create partition efi


format fs=fat32 quick


assign letter=Y


list vol


exit

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-06-21T08:24:37+00:00

    Hi thesoulpuppie,

    Glad it's sorted. Thank you for the feedback.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-21T04:50:24+00:00

    Thank you! After the last changes, Windows 11 downloaded from Windows Update cleanly and on its own without any issues. When I restarted my PC, the upgrade began and once it completed and returned to desktop, my Windows 11 Pro 64-bit was in place just as I wanted. This is now working perfectly and I am so happy! Thank you very much for your awesome analysis and patience!

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-06-21T03:16:07+00:00

    After updating the BIOS and device drivers, run the Windows 11 setup.

    0x800703ee should no longer occur. But if another error, such as 0xC1900101, occurs, Avast and Comodo must be uninstalled.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments