Please run:
diskpart
select disk 2
list part
select part 2 -- This selects the EFI partition
del part override
create partition efi
format fs=fat32 quick
assign letter=Y
list vol
exit
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Whether I use Windows Update or the Application Assistant, I get this same error.
Error message:
There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800703ee)
I'm not sure what else to try.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64-bit (FRST64.exe)
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/
Note: If Microsoft Edge or Chrome mislabels the Farbar Scanner executable as PUA/malware, choose to keep it by tapping … in the bottom bar, choosing Keep, and then choosing Keep anyway in the dialog that appears.
See this screenshot: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/media/microsoft-edge-security-download-interruptions/dowload-was-blocked.png. It's a safe tool used in most antimalware forums.
If the OS language is not English, rename FRST64.exe to FRST64English.exe.
Run the program. Don't check or uncheck any options. Click "Scan".
Add the two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt, to a Zip archive, share them on OneDrive or GoFile.io and post the link here.
Okay, I did the reassign and got Y back. I ran the bcdboot cmd and now I got the "Boot files successfully created" message. I am still in WinRE, I didn't close out. I ran the bcdboot cmd after exiting diskpart.