How to fix error code 99, I want to try the old driver, newest driver is not working, it still freezing
Windows 11 Display Adapters Problem
So the story is, a few days ago, I just did a clean install of Windows 11, this is where the problem started, when I just entered the desktop, suddenly my screen and cursor froze for 3 seconds, then it went smoothly again, froze, went smoothly and so on (like stiff), and I found that there was a problem with the Display adapters, and I disabled it, when it was disabled and used MBDA, it went smoothly and was no longer stiff, but when using the Display adapter, the problem started again, and for the time being I am using MBDA (Microsoft Basic Display Adapters), please help me fix this problem.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-06-02T13:11:21+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-06-01T13:10:47+00:00 Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been offline.
Link to what? Are you referring to the graphics driver provided by Acer?
On the 23rd, I informed you that Acer no longer appears to offer graphics drivers for your model. I even provided the link to the official Acer support website for reference:
https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-supp...
On the same day, I also suggested reaching out to Acer directly to inquire about their recommended drivers, particularly the graphics driver.
Have you contacted Acer?
What was their response?
I await your reply. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
Feel free to ask back any questions.
________________________________________________________
Standard Disclaimer: There is a link to a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
-
Anonymous
2025-06-01T10:08:32+00:00 Can you give me a link?
-
Anonymous
2025-05-30T13:25:55+00:00 Unfortunately, this happens with almost all laptops. Drivers from other sources may work sometimes, but they always lack some features.
Feel free to ask back any questions. Click on the "Reply" button below my reply.
-
Anonymous
2025-05-30T13:15:02+00:00 I see many people using this driver reported the same thing.