It's definitely not just Intel. We have 80-90 AMD Lenovo T14 Gen3's that this is happening to as well.
Ryzen 5 Pro 6650
May 13 -KB5058379 Windows 10 leads to corruption and endpoints asking for bitlocker key,.- Any known issues?
Hi
The latest KB5058379 released May 13 quality update failed in Windows 10 devices. Some devices it caused triggering bitlocker key window after restart. Still Update seems failed. Some fall in loop of restarts. Is there any known issue ? This is mainly affected devices managed by Intune.
Lenovo Thinkpad. some cases Keyboard is getting disabled and user not able to pass the bitlocker key
Can someone shed some light here?
MG
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-05-19T12:26:57+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-05-19T10:32:29+00:00 This is not only Intel specific either, AMD powered devices is also having the same issues after this update. More specifically devices with these AMD processors in our environment:
AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 5850U Processor(Ryzen™ 7 PRO 5850U)This processor is in some Lenovo T14 Gen2 devices.
Microsoft communication looks like they think this is Intel specific.
Windows 10, version 22H2 known issues and notifications | Microsoft Learn -
Anonymous
2025-05-19T04:26:51+00:00 AJ_1962
Neither have I. Instead, I have just had a very tense 3 hours waiting for my HP Pavilion with an i3-5157U to attempt to apply KB5058379, but after giving it long enough it has backed out the Update automatically, frustrating the user and myself by being incapable of any work, and failing to notify that it was busy chewing on it. The Windows Update screen is not very useful, and neither was the Task Manager, particularly, and it was only attempting to CTRL ALT DEL to select shutdown that it informed me that it was busy doing an update, and adding that I should not turn off the Computer. Having found this web-page in the mean time, I was distractedly wondering if the proper message should have said "Please wait until file corruption is complete."
I have elected, at this point, to pause any further updates for 7 days, but I'm relieved that that I still have a working PC. I hope Microsoft will inform people more clearly about the difficulties that can be expected with this update, because I still don't have the update, but neither have I suffered anything worse. I don't want the PC to retry that umpteen times, repeatedly.
***
This was my problem/experience exactly with a Dell XPS computer Windows 10 22H2 for the update KB5058379.
Tried Windows Update Troubleshooter but just kept saying needs a reboot which caused problems again.
Have paused my Updates as I don't want to keep going through this umpteen times and I am glad I have a working computer too.
Lack of help from Microsoft is worrying. Wonder if their only fix is to update to Windows 11 when I wish to stay on Windows 10...
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2025-05-16T20:31:03+00:00 Windows 10 might repeatedly display the BitLocker recovery screen at startup