Your Phone / Link to Windows - stuck at 60% during set up

Anonymous
2021-02-01T20:37:45+00:00

Hi, I am trying to connect my phone (Galaxy Note 10) with my laptop (Dell XPS 15), however it's been stuck at 60% per the screenshot below. I have tried restarting both devices and apps but it has not changed. Please advise on how to fix this issue.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-28T15:41:04+00:00

    I had kept ignoring the stupid pop up too, untill I thought that MAYBE the two things were somehow connected!!! ;-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-28T15:39:02+00:00

    From Windows->Settings->Account->Mail and accounts (sorry I have an Italian version of Windows so I don't know whether this path is correct).

    From here you select the account you want to remove and click on remove (I can't remember if it requires a password, but I don't think so).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-28T03:13:55+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for sharing the tip! Seems like its fixing the problem for a lot of people! 

    Unfortunately no luck for me since I have only one account. Just for the heck of it - even went to the extent of adding another account and then removing it :D

    I assume all of this is done in theWindows 10 Settings > Accounts > Email & Accounts section

    There is one for Email & Accounts and another for Accounts used by other apps. Is this the place?

    Thanks in advance!

    Ashwin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-28T02:31:15+00:00

    This fixed it!! I kept ignoring the stupid pop up thinking nothing of it, but my school account was blocking it.  Thank you!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-26T14:59:50+00:00

    I had the exact same problem where the install would hang up at 60%.  After reading this post, I cleared my work account that was associated with MS (under manage ACCOUNT) and immediately My Phone Companion linked to my phone.  Fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments