Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD

Anonymous
2021-02-16T00:50:56+00:00

Hey all,

I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used before. I already tried shift+f10, and the only drive that pops up is my USB. The drive shows up in BIOS. 

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-27T01:53:41+00:00

    It looks like it loaded the mshdc.inf PCI\CC_010601; Standard SATA AHCI Controller

    When you do a

    diskpart

    list disk

    Can you see the SSD drive?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-27T01:35:09+00:00

    Ok, here’s what I got.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-26T21:46:47+00:00

    Ok. Now add the \3&11583659&0&88 to the end.

    reg query "hklm\system\controlset001\enum\pci\ven_1022&dev_7801&subsys_85ca1043&rev_40\3&11583659&0&88"

    Looking for the HardwareID

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-26T21:38:57+00:00

    Got it. Here’s what showed up, what now?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-26T05:14:48+00:00

    Also near the end you used capital letters and not lower case.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments