The key is from your picture. Ah. I missed the _ at the end
reg query "hklm\system\controlset001\enum\pci\ven_1022&dev_7801&subsys_85ca1043&rev_40"
This is the key I was trying to type in from your picture.
AamazingTech2
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hey all,
I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used before. I already tried shift+f10, and the only drive that pops up is my USB. The drive shows up in BIOS.
Thanks!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
No dice, system couldnt find the “specified registry key or value”
Need the quotes. Problem comes at the first & without quotes.
reg query "hklm\system\controlset001\enum\pci\ven_1022&dev_7801&subsys_85ca1043&rev40"
I did, still nothing. I inputted the command, but everything past dev_7801 wasn’t recognized.
Ok. So looks like VEN_1022&DEV_7801 is the SATA AHCI Mode.
Windows 10 20H2 and 1909 does not have this hardware driver.
When you unchecked “hide drivers that aren’t compatible with this computer’s hardware” did you select/highlight all 6 listing of AMD SATA Controller?
Can you list the output of
reg query "hklm\system\controlset001\enum\pci\ven_1022&dev_7801&subsys_85ca1043&rev40"
then there will be another key something like "3&11583659&0&EA"
reg query "hklm\system\controlset001\enum\pci\ven_1022&dev_7801&subsys_85ca1043&rev40\3&11583659&0&EA"