Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD

Anonymous
2021-02-16T00:50:56+00:00

Hey all,

I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used before. I already tried shift+f10, and the only drive that pops up is my USB. The drive shows up in BIOS. 

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T20:01:40+00:00

    Yes. This driver is used when Windows is loading.

    The readme file for the installation notes:

    Installation Notes

    The driver can be installed either during OS setup or as an update

    To install the driver during OS setup use the setup dialog window (use the advanced settings to configure the Windows Setup program to use the specific driver; click “Load Driver” to load the specific driver from the media that includes the driver).

    Let me know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T19:41:11+00:00

    I’ll try this. I’m using an ASUS Crossblade Ranger FM2 board.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-17T14:45:10+00:00

    Thanks for the info.

    We will perform some checks please.

    Configure your BIOS for Legacy instead of UEFI and if you have a Secure Boot option, please disable it.

    Recreate the bootable USB using the link below, using the Rufus tool, select the mbr option when creating.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

    After that, please follow the thread below and try again to perform the installation.

    How to: Perform a Clean Install or Reinstall of Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

    I await news.

    If these procedures helped you in any way, please click on "I solved my problem" and also mark as an answer, so you can help others users.

    We will always be available for whatever you need!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T19:59:11+00:00

    A typical sata ssd. It’s straight out of the box.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-16T01:01:45+00:00

    Did you go to Disk Management?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments