Browser starts at the startup

Anonymous
2021-03-12T13:58:04+00:00

I have been getting this problem lately. At startup of OS, the services of a browser starts. At first, it was Chrome. I thought it was chrome at fault, but after uninstalling it, Firefox services started with startup. The whole window of Firefox doesn't start, only the services do.

The browser services aren't even in the startup tab

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-19T04:25:09+00:00

    Alrighty! just deleted MPKsl978458c9 schedule and hopefully (i don't think so) fixes the problem. If it doesn't, well in place upgrade will be the last way i guess. Hope it doesn't happen but what if it says "Diagnosing your PC" in the next boot up 😂

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T07:37:46+00:00

    MpKslDrv.sys is not mentioned in my Autoruns even with Microsoft entries not hidden. I can't recall whether it was once there & I deleted it. The file is not found in File Explorer. Here is where I'd expect it should be going by Search Online...

    That folder name I've underlined might be variable. Do you have more than one in the Definition Updates folder? I think it probably did belong to Defender once, but possibly was was eliminated with an engine update, or maybe it comes & goes on an as-needed basis. Or maybe I got rid of mine this way...

    "START, Settings, System, Storage, Temporary Files"...

    In any event, I think you can safely delete that MpKslDrv.sysfrom Autoruns. I say the same for MPKsl978458c9 in your 3rd picture.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T05:47:36+00:00

    welp turns out 2 of them are drivers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T05:45:19+00:00

    MpKslDrv.sys file not found. I researched on it (*binging) and found that it is some file to secure the system from new malwares. 

    i am suspicious on these:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T04:27:23+00:00

    Neither do I know. Well, caution is certainly appropriate...

    (1) Use the Options menu to "Hide Microsoft Entries", if you like Microsoft.

    (2) If an entry says "File not found", it's just taking up space & costing a nanosecond/so for Windows to consider it during boot. It probably is a remnant of a sloppy uninstall. You may...

    (a) Uncheck it at left to disable it. Then you've got your nanosecond back.

    (b) Right-click it, & select Delete. It's gone -- you've got your nanosecond & your space.

    Image

    I clicked Search Online on that (atmfd,dll) & discovered Microsoft did work on it due to a security vulnerability. I searched in File Explorer to see the file indeed didn't exist. Then I deleted the entry, (as I had deleted a bunch before).

    (3) If an entry is for an app you've uninstalled, probably it is a remnant left over & can be at least disabled (unchecked). But best do the Search Online.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments