Browser starts at the startup

Anonymous
2021-03-12T13:58:04+00:00

I have been getting this problem lately. At startup of OS, the services of a browser starts. At first, it was Chrome. I thought it was chrome at fault, but after uninstalling it, Firefox services started with startup. The whole window of Firefox doesn't start, only the services do.

The browser services aren't even in the startup tab

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T02:43:14+00:00

    Now that's the problem. I don't know which one is needed and which one isn't 😅

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T20:26:10+00:00

    See how many there actually are? Use Find in the Entry menu if you don't immediately spot the offenders.

    Careful you don't turn a thing off that needs to be on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T13:17:22+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T09:32:49+00:00

    If it's there at startup, I think Autoruns must find it. I have doubts about an inplace upgrade because it seeks to keep all 3rd-party apps in place & only fix the OS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T09:21:23+00:00

    So if a taskschedule isnt there I have no other way, I have to do an inplace upgrade.

    Anyways I am gonna check out autorun too

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments