Can you help with microphone mute on/off button not working on Windows 10?

Anonymous
2020-07-29T20:46:34+00:00

Please help me with the microphone mute on/off button on headset not working --> I cannot mute my voice.

Here's the good news:

  1. On Windows the Headset and Microphone audio is clear via Bluetooth. I can hear them, they can hear me.

2. Microphone/audio with Android phone tested good -- microphone mute on/off button works -- I can mute my voice with single press of the button if paired with the Android phone.  It doesn't matter what app I use.  I get an audio prompt through the headset of mute on/mute off.

Here's the problem: the mute button on this Bluetooth Headset microphone doesn't work on Windows 10, so if I walk away from the laptop and need to mute/unmute, I have to run back to my laptop to use my mouse. 

I called Taotronics technical support -- they said if the latest drivers are installed there's nothing more they can offer to help.

Windows indicates the best drivers are installed, but they are either outdated, Windows 10 does not support all the capability, or I need to do something.

Here's what I have:

Hardware:                 HP ProBook

                                 Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)

                                 Headset TaoTronics TT-BH041 

Operating System:   Windows 10, version 1909

Headset Device Drivers:

   TaoTronics TT-BH041                                           - Driver 10.0.17134.1067   Driver Date: 6/21/2006

   TaoTronics TT-BH041 Avcrp Transport Adapter  - Driver 10.0.17134.1         Driver Date: 4/10/2018

   Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)                              - Driver 21.70.0.3               Driver Date: 12/30/2019

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-29T19:44:52+00:00

    Following the post. Did anyone tried with a headset which is not bluetooth but still wireless, I mean the one with dongle NOT bluetooth.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-05T18:29:34+00:00

    Why in the first place I should even try any of these fixes or reading your 1500 words nice fix article of getting mic button to work? Mic button, that worked, but Microsoft, Windows, Bill Gates wanted to be evel and make my button not to work. Its a button I onw, is it ok, if I come to Microsoft office and start to make things not work? Why, why, why? WWWHHHHYYYY?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-16T09:08:09+00:00

    Same problem with Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 SE

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-02T04:42:19+00:00

    Same problem with the wired Accutone UM610MKII ProNC USB Comfort.

    The mute button does not mute the microphone on the headset, although the mute indicator on the laptop lights up.

    My work laptop is a new Thinkpad on Windows 10.

    At the same time, on another laptop (ASUS on Windows 10), the headset works properly.

    Both laptops get the latest Windows updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-07T11:14:37+00:00

    Yep, deinstalled all, reinstalled, reconnected the headset to the bluetooth dongle and nothing. Muting don't work. Will switch to 2.4ghz headset again, they do work not like the bluetooth **** under windows 10.

    MikelWest

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments