You can try a clean-install and see if that fixes, instead of an in-place reinstall.
snip and sketch not working
My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-01-29T05:18:16+00:00 That does work now...but when snip & Sketch are acting up, it just will not open to doing anything. The only fix for me and many I have contacted have been to completely remove it and then install it again. I know what you are saying but it just stopped working after an update and it happened to thousand from what I am hearing.
I have tried all the above suggested methods.
Including.
I have tried refresh, uninstall and re install of the app from the Microsoft Store but no go.
I ran sfc /scannow in safe mode as mine does not work in normal mode for some reason (long story tried everything short of a clean install but no go.).
It claimed to find errors but fixed them.
I have done a DISM restore health which was OK...
I have also done an in place upgrade.Any other ideas guys...
-
Anonymous
2021-01-29T04:56:39+00:00 That does work now...but when snip & Sketch are acting up, it just will not open to doing anything. The only fix for me and many I have contacted have been to completely remove it and then install it again. I know what you are saying but it just stopped working after an update and it happened to thousand from what I am hearing.
-
JX313 7,055 Reputation points
2021-01-29T04:36:04+00:00 You can use the shortcut keys Win key + Shift+ S to open Snip & Sketch. Select the area you want, and a notification from Action Center will pop-up saying that the screenshot has been saved to clipboard. Click the notification, and ta-da, you get the screenshot for editing.
Otherwise while doing with the app, the screenshot is automatically taken to the app's window. So after selecting the area, go to the app window to get it.
-
Anonymous
2021-01-29T04:05:08+00:00 Ok, mine is working now. I have:
Windows 10 home edition:
- I went into settings / apps / scrolled down and found snip and sketch
- I left clicked on snip and sketch and you will see uninstall, I did. (I later found out you could have clicked on advance features and hit reset and tried that first...fyi)
- once removed, I went to
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/snip-sketch/9mz95kl8mr0l?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
and installed it again.
- restarted my computer, it has worked since.
Best of luck