snip and sketch not working

Anonymous
2020-07-01T12:16:12+00:00

My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-10T02:40:26+00:00

    I am not sure I'm following but when S&S stopped working on my computer (PC) the only "fix" I had was to uninstall it and then go to the Microsoft Store and download and install it again. I'm not much help but maybe it will work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-10T00:39:57+00:00

    A SOLUTION!

    At home I can use Snip&Sketch but no Snip appears in order to annotate it. On my work PC this operates as it should do. Both PC's are up to date with Win10 and Edge browser.

    I have now found a solution!

    After taking the Snip hit Win-A. This will open up a bar on the right which contains your Snip. Click on it and it will open in the S&S window to be annotated!

    Not only that, but this option remains usable long after taking the Snip and does not need to be done right away.

    Hope that helps someone, because this was driving me crazy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-06T00:35:29+00:00

    I came across your post - that fixed my issue - Make Sure the Notifications are "On" for the Snip & Sketch. Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T18:23:03+00:00
    1. Settings
    2. in the search type "Print Screen" - enter
    3. on the bottom turn it on.

    hope it works for you. Mine was working until the December update, now I can't get snip & Sketch to work at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-18T13:52:35+00:00

    This worked!! Thank you so much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments