Focused window bleed onto second monitor

Anonymous
2020-07-21T12:44:58+00:00

Hi all,

A month or so ago I updated my windows 10 and noticed when I was focused on a window on one monitor it would bleed over onto the other monitor. I waited for the next windows 10 update to see if that would fix the issue, I updated my windows 10 version last week, but it did not fix my issue. Does anyone know how to stop the focused window from bleeding onto the second monitor?

I have posted a picture below that demonstrates the issue I am having.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-17T13:31:12+00:00

    Hi all,

    A month or so ago I updated my windows 10 and noticed when I was focused on a window on one monitor it would bleed over onto the other monitor. I waited for the next windows 10 update to see if that would fix the issue, I updated my windows 10 version last week, but it did not fix my issue. Does anyone know how to stop the focused window from bleeding onto the second monitor?

    I have posted a picture below that demonstrates the issue I am having.

    Image

    Hello SaifNavid,

    I am not sure if you ever found a resolve to this issue nor do I know what kind of graphics card you have. I recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 & discovered the same bleed issue. I have two Nvidia Driver based graphics cards & in order to resolve this bleed issue I used the Nvidia Control Panel. On the right side you will see a set of three "Tasks" (3D Settings, Display & Video), select the "Display" task & then select the "Adjust Desktop size & position". Once selected you will see two options, the first selects the monitor  & the second gives you two tabs, one for "Scaling" & another for "Size", select the "Size" tab & option #2 "Resize the desktop...", click on the box "Enable desktop resizing" & then select the command box labeled "resize". Once completed Nvidia will bring a screen with four arrows in each corner & a pop-up box with two slider bars (do not attempt to use the "+" or "-" icon as nothing will happen as this uses a slider type mechanism). Once there use the slider to adjust the screen size & you should be able to solve in the issue.

    Unfortunately this is neither a Windows 10 or a graphics card issue, this is simply an issue with the display's resolution not matching the recommended or other preset sizes.

    I hope this helps you & all the others.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-09T05:57:53+00:00

    Someone else suggested this and it's worked for me with 2 different multi-monitor laptop setups that were both having the window bleed problem.

    For my setup I simply dragged monitors 2 and 3 a little further apart in Display Settings.

    Hope that helps.

    -Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-01T17:04:24+00:00

    I have the same issue.  My secondary display is above my laptop.  So the maximized window from below (laptop) is bleeding on the bottom of the secondary display.  I believe it happens with apps that Microsoft has overwritten the standard window header like Chromium Edge and Teams.  It is worse for Edge because it overlays half of the taskbar from above.  When I minimize my window from below, then it disappears. It will also disappear if I click on the taskbar on the secondary display.  This issue has been happening for months/years. I am not sure which Windows release it started happening in.  As you can see in the screenshot, it cuts off the bottom 40% of my taskbar. The only way I can resolve it is to make the Edge window below not maximized. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-03T01:29:54+00:00

    One thing that I've found works is to adjust the scale on my second monitor to 125% (though I do not want to use these settings) Maybe this will help someone smarter than myself to find a better solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-23T14:54:54+00:00

    Changing the resolution didn't help.

    I got it to happen with Microsoft teams too. You can see the thin white line on the left hand side of my vertical monitor.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments