I'm having this problem as well and I think it started with 2004 and is still around in 2009. The solution from Steve unfortunately doesn't work if you are using a monitor on top and it's bleeding up from the bottom screen.
Focused window bleed onto second monitor
Hi all,
A month or so ago I updated my windows 10 and noticed when I was focused on a window on one monitor it would bleed over onto the other monitor. I waited for the next windows 10 update to see if that would fix the issue, I updated my windows 10 version last week, but it did not fix my issue. Does anyone know how to stop the focused window from bleeding onto the second monitor?
I have posted a picture below that demonstrates the issue I am having.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-11-10T17:25:56+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-06-29T09:14:01+00:00 Update: This persists into the Windows 11 Insider Preview I just received. The above fix also doesn't work because you can't relocate the taskbar for some reason.
-
Anonymous
2020-08-24T09:46:22+00:00 I too have this exact same problem. It happened prior to the the 2004 update. I can't remember an exact version number I was using but since then I have tried graphics driver updates also.
-
Anonymous
2020-11-23T00:29:21+00:00 I am having the very same problem on Windows 10 v1809 (LTSC). I think it began when I installed a new monitor with a different scaling (125%) compared to the other two (100%). Previously, when all of them were using the same scaling (100%), I don't think I ever experienced it.
In my case, I have been able to fix it on a per application basis. If I just leave the compatibility options of the application empty, the bleeding occurs. However, if I select the "Change high DPI settings" option, click on the "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by" checkbox and then select any of the options, the bleeding disappears.
Hope that helps.
-
Anonymous
2020-07-21T16:29:55+00:00 By focused I mean I have clicked on that window.
So if I have a maximized window on my second monitor and I have clicked on that window , then that window bleeds slightly onto my other monitor as per my picture.
By bleed onto my other monitor I mean that a small part of the window on my monitor is showing up on my other monitor. On my picture, you can see on the horizontal monitor a few pixels of white on the very right edge, this is coming from having a window maximized on my vertical window and it being focused.
EDIT: After digging around it seems to be more prominent when i have a program maximized on my vertical monitor, and only with specific programs. trying a few out, it happens with my firefox browser and discord