I don't want the game bar. not now, not ever. keep the xbox **** off my pc.
How to stop the ms-gamingoverlay popup
Essentially I havethis exact same problem just on windows 11 it pops up every time I open a game, the solution in that article doesn't work for me.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
54 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-10-17T11:21:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-07-12T22:49:18+00:00 > To resolve this you can also use the powershell to edit the registry like this:
Thank you. One million times thank you. It is very disturbing that Microsoft do not provide an option to do this, it's almost enough to make you think they're trying to force their Xbox ecosystem onto all of our systems.
-
Anonymous
2025-01-23T02:43:48+00:00 Hi John Dev, I have a major concern with the advise you have given. You have completely ignored the question proposed. Do you get paid by MS for this incorrect help? If not why are your simping a multi billion dollar company doing their tech support for free? By the way, the advise you gave is completely incorrect. You should not be giving advice on what you don't know or understand! YOU are wasting every bodies **** time!
-
Anonymous
2024-06-25T22:59:02+00:00 Hey, maybe a windows update stopped the reddit solution from working. I already got rid of gamebar. I've ran powershell as an administrator and plugged the the lines for the popup removal part, one at a time and it said complete. Then i restarted my pc, plugged a controller in and i would still get a popup message anyway. I've tried this method like 3 times with no luck. Any ideas on a fix? thanks if possible.
-
Anonymous
2025-01-23T14:24:45+00:00 LOL, notice that John Dev and the other pro-Microsoft people stopped replying when they were told their solutions don't work and people do not want Game Bar on their system. Looks like their 'help' does not cover 'I want to remove Microsoft products because they are causing me trouble."