MSFS 2020 will not connect to server

Anonymous
2020-09-10T14:02:33+00:00

Auto connect is not connecting

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-30T17:19:50+00:00

    I have had this error or its equivalent from day 1 of using MSFS in August. I have tried opening lots of suggested firewall ports etc. but to no avail. The error message I now get on startup is this. I am signed into the Microsoft Store and Xbox Live as required but I get no multiplayer server connection or live traffic.

    Auto connect is not connecting 

    Same Issue here, Very frustrated. Can not do anything. Anyone had feedback from Microsoft or Xbox Image 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-25T02:09:18+00:00

    Hello saverio,

    well, looks like that some update caused that problem. As it run before as it should, i think it is NOT a server/router prolem, but might be an update problem. I have faced this too.

    here is what i did, and i do suggest it to you, but it is your decision.

    The MSFS2020 needed to be reinstalled, and NO CHANGING to the suggested path for installation. That helped me.

    I had purchased the BOX Premium Deluxe version, but needed to RE-INSTALL it again via the Microsoft store. Downladed the base version, installed it, made the Update to Premium version, and had to Downlaod this Monster Patch ( 70GB ) again. I did NOT change the suggested path when re-installing the FS again. ( no trouble with the ONE-TIME -CODE )... i just ignored it.

    I know, that it is a pain in the a**, but it helped me.

    Believe me, i had tried a lot within my router ( FritzBox ) regarding settings Ports, passwords, adding some more ports...

    Nothing helped.

    only the new installing of the 2020.

    I know , sounds like sad news, i keep my fingers cross that it will then work for you.

    Good Luck

    Best greetings

    Robert

    ps:

    also a good idea is to CLOSE the XBOX-Live app, and RESTART it again, then run the MSFS2020 and hopefully it works.

    if you can read and understand german language, check here..

    https://www.flusi.info/forum/index.php?thread/7856-fs2020-kein-server/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-22T07:53:23+00:00

    Hi Robert,

    I bought MSFS2020 on-line, in August, and since then everything has always worked out.

    Suddenly, a few days ago, the game behaves this way.

    My Internet connection is stable, 60/70 mbs., hardwired connection, firmware is updated and all other programs work well.

    I did antivirus scan...ok

    I don’t know what’s causing this problem.

    Maybe a game update file?

    I’ll have to consider re-installing everything?

    I hope not......Help me....!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-22T04:35:02+00:00

    Hi SAVERIO13,

    did the FS2020 run ONLINE ever before ?  I mean, ever seen the Icon NOT spinning, but connecting ? 

    did the FS2020 ever connected to XBOX LIVE before ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-12-21T19:36:59+00:00

    saverio13,

    The servers are up and available. Just tested.

    The last time this happened there was a severe outage. I beleive it was over the Thanksgiving weekend. Seemed like there was not enough capacity, possibly bandwidth or server.

    Once the servers were available, we had to log out and log back in. After doing that everything worked.

    A couple other things you can do if that doesn't work.

    -Verify your internet connection is stable. In a Command window type ping www.yahoo.com -t 

    Watch for stability in the response times. A stable response out of Chicago is 30 - 40 ms. If you receive any 'Destination is not available' messages, you are dropping packets.

    -Scan your machine with a Reputable virus / Rootkit scanner.

    -Reboot your router and make sure the firmware is up to date.

    -Use a hardwired connection. I was using an 802.1n connection, and was having intermittent performance issues. For FS, hardwire is the way to go.

    If all of the above fails, you may want to consider reinstalling. I've reinstalled twice since release. It  blows! but fixed my issues. I may have to install yet again as when I exit a flight to go back to the main menu, it takes me to the desktop. This started with update 1.11.6.0.

    There is also a repair button in Settings> Apps> Flight Simulator. but I can't get it to work. When the button is pressed, nothing happens. Maybe it's my machine. No way for me to tell, unless another tries it.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments