I have a Dell XPS desktop with Qualcom QCA8930 wireless/bluetooth board. The Bluetooth drops out periodically and the only way I have found to fix it is to turn off the pc, unplug it for 10 seconds, plug it back in and then start. It always fixes it, but it is a pain. Restarting or shutting down and starting again do not solve the problem; the ac cord has to be disconnected and then reconnected.
Bluetooth has disappeared from Windows 10
The setting to switch Bluetooth on / off has disappeared from my Bluetooth settings page. I have since tried updating the drivers, reinstalling the drivers and even uninstalling the device from the Device Manager page, followed by selecting "scan for hardware changes", and nothing has worked, its as though my computer has simply forgotten how to turn Bluetooth on.
Please help
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-12-17T05:45:53+00:00 I just did an update a couple days ago and my Bluetooth/USB disappeared/stopped working. I’ve done a reset and it’s still gone. I just tried to do a full shutdown but it didn’t work either. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?! Help!
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2021-07-27T16:47:29+00:00 Happened to me yesterday - I restarted the PC and it came back. It's vanished again today...
-
Anonymous
2021-07-22T17:03:14+00:00 Same problem.
My fix:
Select Device Manager
Select Network adapters:
look for Intel adapters (mine was Intel Centrino Advance-N 6250 )
Select Tag Power Management:
Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
My issue started a week ago after a Windows update. I got a wizard asking me to complete the installation of my device (of what device, it didn't say).
This was the only solution that worked for me. A hard shutdown (AC cord) didn't work, nor any updates or fiddling around with background apps, services, BIOS settings, etc.
Thank you Leo and Sandy!