Bluetooth has disappeared from Windows 10

Anonymous
2020-08-03T01:03:40+00:00

The setting to switch Bluetooth on / off has disappeared from my Bluetooth settings page.  I have since tried updating the drivers, reinstalling the drivers and even uninstalling the device from the Device Manager page, followed by selecting "scan for hardware changes", and nothing has worked, its as though my computer has simply forgotten how to turn Bluetooth on.

Please help

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-09-18T01:47:08+00:00

I have a Dell XPS desktop with Qualcom QCA8930 wireless/bluetooth board. The Bluetooth drops out periodically and the only way I have found to fix it is to turn off the pc, unplug it for 10 seconds, plug it back in and then start. It always fixes it, but it is a pain. Restarting or shutting down and starting again do not solve the problem; the ac cord has to be disconnected and then reconnected.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-20T21:59:42+00:00

    Having the same problem on my laptop, but my USBs don't work either. Did a clean reinstall of windows. Installed all my deleted software, took a few hours. Worked for a few day. Yesterday restarted my computer and USB and Bluetooth no longer work. I'm convinced it's a software issue...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-04-24T20:35:13+00:00

    Why are so many computers are having this issue, does the fix work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-18T23:17:57+00:00

    **Win10 20H2 release has driver issues.**The same thing happened to me on my Dell Latitude 7200 tablet. Lately, when Win10 updates it doesn't bring the drivers with it. I also tried everything, but my card reader, display, two chipset drivers did not update with windows. I went to Intel website and downloaded their driver install tool. It updated all drivers effected and I restarted twice and all is working perfectly now. Go to Intel Website download the 'Inter Driver & Support Assistant. If you have AMD motherboard then go to AMD website and download your drivers. Win10 is having problems in the 20H2 release when it updates it drops your drivers out. Microsoft is aware of this and will address it hopefully.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-31T02:12:21+00:00

    I have a Dell XPS desktop with Qualcom QCA8930 wireless/bluetooth board. The Bluetooth drops out periodically and the only way I have found to fix it is to turn off the pc, unplug it for 10 seconds, plug it back in and then start. It always fixes it, but it is a pain. Restarting or shutting down and starting again do not solve the problem; the ac cord has to be disconnected and then reconnected. 

    YOU ARE A HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments