How-to disable Modern Standby in Windows 10 May 2020 update?

Anonymous
2020-05-30T23:44:49+00:00

good old registry hack does not work anymore:

  1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power] CsEnabled=0
  2. deleted [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ModernSleep]

PC still uses "Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Connected" and it makes a lot of problems

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-23T10:12:48+00:00

    I didnt understand if your reply has any connection with my post and if your post was translated by computer like google.

    But I am using 20H2 too, and i cannot use S3, as bad as before.

    I dont like SSD so i dont want to use S4, and i want my battery more useful so i dont like S0.

    Is here any one can help me crack EFI files or BIOS to enforce use S3 mode?

    Or is someone strong enough to kick DELL's **** to let them support S3?

    I am very sure that my hardware supports S3 and my BIOS and EFI not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-04T12:11:52+00:00

    Hi MW,

    After trying the above, the message shows that my HP pavillion (Win 10) does support S3 but there are other S settings also supported. How can I ensure the unit is closing to S3 as I'm still trying to reduce a 7% batt loss over 24 hr period and hoping S3 will help? Thnx

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-04T01:08:06+00:00

    worked on my zenbook flip as well, after two year of pain

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-11T14:35:09+00:00

    Hello,

     and thank You. Its worked for me. Unfortunately when i close a laptop and open it again Windows shows it to me a lockscreen. that is normal and ok.  After 2-3 seconds laptop turns off automatically. Do you know more about it?

    Greetings

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-11T13:26:25+00:00

    You are right, my BIOS doesn't support that state, so I guess I'll just have to keep using the modern standby, but Thank You anyways! You were a great help :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments