Thanks MW, like I say , I'm a duffus. Thee WAS a typo but not that one but I also wasn't aware about the importance of 'Run as Administrator'. I was logged on, on an Administrator acc, but apparently this isn't enough, you also have to go the the 'Run as Administrator' command prompt for it to take. It did report that it had been successful but that doesn't seem to have solved my problem. Still losing 10% power on complete shutdown over a 24 hr period. Thnx anyway.
How-to disable Modern Standby in Windows 10 May 2020 update?
good old registry hack does not work anymore:
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power] CsEnabled=0
- deleted [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ModernSleep]
PC still uses "Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Connected" and it makes a lot of problems
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-12-25T15:18:17+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-12-22T03:30:02+00:00 I imagine you've missed the 0 at the end of the command line - this forum has wrapped it onto a new line. The command should end "/d 0" not "/d"
-
Anonymous
2020-12-12T17:48:46+00:00 Hi, M Webb, I'm hoping you can help me as I'm an absolute tech duffus.
I'm trying to disable Modern Standby on an Hp Pavillion, running Win10, to prevent batt loss after full shutdown.
Following the advice on this thread, I entered the above command only to get a message saying
"ERROR: Invalid syntax.
Type "REG ADD /?" for usage."
Can you please explain what I'm doing wrong? Thnx.
-
Anonymous
2020-12-12T16:49:28+00:00 Hi, hoping you can help me as I'm an absolute tech duffus. I'm trying to disable Modern Standby on an Hp Pavillion, running Win10, to prevent batt loss after full shutdown. Following the advice on this thread, I entered the above commaand only to get a message saying
"ERROR: Invalid syntax.
Type "REG ADD /?" for usage." Can explain what i'm doing wrong? thnx.
-
Anonymous
2020-11-12T05:12:58+00:00 I and many colleagues from our company have the very same problem after installing build 2004. We have S0 already disabled as it does not work correctly on our DELLs XPS 9570 laptops, they are cooking themselves alive. After installing build 2004 I immediately noticed that going to sleep means 50/50 BSOD+reboot or wake up. I have real concerns about the sanity of MS leadership as Windows 10 is one big public alpha-stage project.
My laptop hp pavilion 15 doesn't go to sleep I've to hard reboot it after only screen turns off and power led is on. My question is, is it because of the sleep state not supporting the device. My Sleep state is s3.i don't know whether the pc is trying to go to sleep state s0 which my pc doesn't support and runs into problem