Hi Raniel, please READ questions BEFORE giving answers!
How-to disable Modern Standby in Windows 10 May 2020 update?
good old registry hack does not work anymore:
- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power] CsEnabled=0
- deleted [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ModernSleep]
PC still uses "Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Connected" and it makes a lot of problems
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-05-31T12:07:59+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-06-13T14:47:55+00:00 I and many colleagues from our company have the very same problem after installing build 2004. We have S0 already disabled as it does not work correctly on our DELLs XPS 9570 laptops, they are cooking themselves alive. After installing build 2004 I immediately noticed that going to sleep means 50/50 BSOD+reboot or wake up. I have real concerns about the sanity of MS leadership as Windows 10 is one big public alpha-stage project.
-
Anonymous
2020-11-03T05:02:33+00:00 Or just try this ten times safer solution:
reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0
-
Anonymous
2020-09-19T21:37:40+00:00 Similar solution, with a much clearer how-to instructions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/h0r56s/getting\_back\_s3\_sleep\_and\_disabling\_modern/
Worked for my asus zenbook flip.
-
Anonymous
2020-07-22T04:13:01+00:00 Hi,
After months of work, I finally find out a way to totally disable it. You need to patch the ACPI table. Here is the GitHub link:
https://github.com/ElectronicElephant/Modern-Standby-Byby
It's tested under a Dell laptop with 9750H.