How-to disable Modern Standby in Windows 10 May 2020 update?

Anonymous
2020-05-30T23:44:49+00:00

good old registry hack does not work anymore:

  1. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power] CsEnabled=0
  2. deleted [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ModernSleep]

PC still uses "Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Connected" and it makes a lot of problems

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-05T03:43:31+00:00

    You don't know what you're talking about. The CsEnabled registry value was removed, an entirely different value to the one I suggest.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-23T12:20:26+00:00

    DELL INS-7400-1825HS with I7-1165G7 has the same question.

    PlatformAoAcOverride can successfully disable S0 state but i will lost all the sleep options from start menu, beceuse the S3 mode is continue report 'The system firmware does not support this standby state'.

    I don't want to use the github that upstairs said.

    Because it needs to disable secure boot, Although i signed my name in FSF Anti-UEFI wall. And it says 'Please note that Windows do not support seamless transition between ACPI S3 and S0ix. A fresh installation is required.'

    I think there is some way to copy other computers file, am i right?

    I can do anything to my computer instead of my system. Because i don't want to reinstall the system, i will lost some my settings and all my files.

    Can we report DELL and M$ as a monopoly and something about consumer rights ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-11T06:08:00+00:00

    Run "powercfg /a" at an admin command line.

    I suspect it is going to say "The system firmware does not support this standby state" under "Standby (S3)."

    If so, your BIOS does not support S3 sleep and no amount of registry hacking will change that. The only people who could change that are the manufacturers of your PC, and I wouldn't hold my breath for them to add BIOS support for S3 back in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-22T20:01:41+00:00

    After installing build 2004 I immediately noticed that going to sleep means 50/50 BSOD+reboot or wake up. I have real concerns about the sanity of MS leadership as Windows 10 is one big public alpha-stage project.

    Same problem on a Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 6.

    Same problem on a Dell Latitude 5401.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more