KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Anonymous
2020-05-11T03:49:56+00:00

I was using my computer when it blue screened and it said Stop Code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and it kept happening again and again, after turning on my pc after 3 hours of not using it started blue screening a bit after loading and now I cant log in

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-24T18:09:05+00:00

    I do not have the problem as severely as most of you guys but it does happen, just out of the blue (no pun intended) every once in a while. I don't know what causes it and it seems to happen when I do something indiscriminately, so I can't actually focus on a particular action. But I can tell you this, my brother in law has been harping on me to get Apple. As he says, they don't crash like Microsoft, and if Microsoft doesn't get this resolved soon I just might seriously consider jumping over to Apple. I get tired of having to deal with **** like this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-31T00:14:49+00:00

    Yes, this was happening for me right around this time. I wonder if it was related to the Jul 24 Windows update. I did a complete reset from the boot menu (all my files were on Dropbox anyway), and so far so good. But it's annoying to have this come up all the time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T21:28:49+00:00

    I was not able to even make a bootable USB.  I have made one after it was fixed and back up my data more frequently now.  So far my computer has not had any problems.  Like I stated, stay away from third party anti virus and utility programs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T01:57:34+00:00

    On July 25, 2020 I just had the same problem with repeating blue screen KMODE Exception not handled. "F-keys" don't work to interupt start-up. In Windows Recovery, "Reset PC keeping files" doesn't work. Read full string above. Is only option to make bootable USB to reinstall Windows, and after you do, is it reoccuring problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-24T16:24:20+00:00

    I read through the whole thread here and one thing I tried since I had just received my computer in the mail was to open the case and check all the connections. I pulled everything out and off that I could and inspected the motherboard for cracks. Finding no cracks I put it back together and fired it up. It didn't shut down right away as in past attempts so I was able to uninstall the latest windows 10 update. So far so good after 4 days. I suspect it was something loose so I'll reply back June 1st after I start windows updates again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments