KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Anonymous
2020-05-11T03:49:56+00:00

I was using my computer when it blue screened and it said Stop Code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and it kept happening again and again, after turning on my pc after 3 hours of not using it started blue screening a bit after loading and now I cant log in

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-21T19:13:02+00:00

    I have followed all threads and tried everything, still getting BSOD kmode exception not handled. Ive only had this descktop a few months and have even wiped all falls on the reset. Guess I’ll be calling HP. FML

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-21T18:55:36+00:00

    Can you force the problem to happen, by starting system maintenance as described in my post? If so, that would confirm you are seeing the same problem, caused by Microsoft updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-21T16:51:46+00:00

    If you uninstalled the latest quality update and paused updates until June 24th, then you may not be able to reproduce the problem I'm seeing. I think a recent quality update is causing a Kmode exception, whenever Windows tries to perform another update.  So, you may not see the problem again until June 24. Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-21T16:34:09+00:00

    I ended up uninstalling the latest quality update and pausing updates until June 24th. 

    I'm trying to trigger the issue you said in maintenance, but so far it's acting normally. Probably cause I found a temporary fix. The computer will probably run normally and then somehow, something will trigger the kmode_exception_not_handled again.

    I'm on the phone with hp right now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-21T13:13:49+00:00

    Can you force the problem to happen, by starting system maintenance as described in my post? If so, that would confirm you are seeing the same problem, caused by Microsoft updates. In that case, the Error code 31 for Hyper-V might be a separate issue...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments