Bro u are a life saver, super simple solution and worked like a charm. I have been so frustrated with this and have tried every other over-complicated and useless solution there is. Thanks dude
Forza Horizon 4 - Game crashes - I have the solution
Hi.
I see many Forza Horizon 4 threads or other games using Windows 10 and the support consultants tells people to uninstall the Windows 10 1909-build update/KB from peoples PC. Forza devs recommends to uninstall it.
One thing that fixed every game and loading crash or when alt-tabbing was to go into the task manager on my PC after launching the game and I had to go to Taskmanager -> Processes -> from here I had to end the task: Xbox Game Bar.
After I did that, I no longer have game crashes after loading my save, starting a multiplayer session or when alt-tabbing from the game.
Just wanted to let you all know that it was all a Xbox Game Bar-bug while using Windows 10 1909-build. It's not recommended to uninstall a big build-update containing several security and Windows-patches that are recommended to have on a PC, but what the heck: If that is what I must do to play Forza, I rather do that to be able to play.
Update 2021: A full reinstall of a a newer build than Windows 10 1909, also lets me play Forza - for the ones that consider doing it. Build 2004 works fine. I won't update past that build, until Forza Horizon 5 comes in the future, which will most definitely make sure that I won't play Horizon 4 anymore.
These builds works with or without clean-installs with Windows 10. Try both a clean install or rollback to these builds:
Windows 10, build 1809 (still a bit unstable while using Windows, but works well ingame without performance-loss).
Windows 10, build 2004 (The most stable build for Windows 10-usage, Forza Horizion 4 and other games which I have played and still play)
When you have installed or rolled back to one of these to Windows 10-builds, follow this guild, scroll down the website and follow everything for "Option 3":
https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/disable-update-windows-10.html <--- What this guide using method 3 does, is helping you to disable automatic updates on your Windows 10 PC, so that the PC never updates to a newer Windows 10 build, unless you go to Windows Update and click on "Download". This makes sure that you won't be upgraded to the Windows 10 builds below, which don't work for this game.
These Windows 10-builds don't work well with Forza Horizion 4:
Windows 10, build 1903
Windows 10, build 1909
Windows 10, build 20H2
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-05-04T01:50:48+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-01-14T07:43:22+00:00 Forza Horizon 4 - Game crashes on my pc
-
Anonymous
2020-12-21T23:31:49+00:00 Io ho risolto andando su ms config e disabilitando i servizi nahimici audio, mai più crash anche sulla build 1909,per l installazione è consigliabile escludere dal firewall il gioco una volta installato, disabilitare la rete momentaneamente e installarlo con opzioni sviluppatore attive
-
Anonymous
2020-12-02T11:51:35+00:00 How can I install the 432.00 driver ? Please help me.
-
Anonymous
2020-11-20T16:01:08+00:00 Hello, I read all posts but I'm not sure id FH4 is compatible with Win10 build 2004. Can someone from Microsoft confirm this? Not willing to buy a game if will not work. Downgrade to older OS version is not an option.
Br, Aljosa