I have the same problem with crashing! Pleaese help ! I honestly don't know what to do else, can you give me some advices or something. The thing is, I can easily drive in freemode, but as I launch any race ( In my situation first two races after picking the car ) Please someone help me with solving this. Thank you
Forza Horizon 4 - Game crashes - I have the solution
Hi.
I see many Forza Horizon 4 threads or other games using Windows 10 and the support consultants tells people to uninstall the Windows 10 1909-build update/KB from peoples PC. Forza devs recommends to uninstall it.
One thing that fixed every game and loading crash or when alt-tabbing was to go into the task manager on my PC after launching the game and I had to go to Taskmanager -> Processes -> from here I had to end the task: Xbox Game Bar.
After I did that, I no longer have game crashes after loading my save, starting a multiplayer session or when alt-tabbing from the game.
Just wanted to let you all know that it was all a Xbox Game Bar-bug while using Windows 10 1909-build. It's not recommended to uninstall a big build-update containing several security and Windows-patches that are recommended to have on a PC, but what the heck: If that is what I must do to play Forza, I rather do that to be able to play.
Update 2021: A full reinstall of a a newer build than Windows 10 1909, also lets me play Forza - for the ones that consider doing it. Build 2004 works fine. I won't update past that build, until Forza Horizon 5 comes in the future, which will most definitely make sure that I won't play Horizon 4 anymore.
These builds works with or without clean-installs with Windows 10. Try both a clean install or rollback to these builds:
Windows 10, build 1809 (still a bit unstable while using Windows, but works well ingame without performance-loss).
Windows 10, build 2004 (The most stable build for Windows 10-usage, Forza Horizion 4 and other games which I have played and still play)
When you have installed or rolled back to one of these to Windows 10-builds, follow this guild, scroll down the website and follow everything for "Option 3":
https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/disable-update-windows-10.html <--- What this guide using method 3 does, is helping you to disable automatic updates on your Windows 10 PC, so that the PC never updates to a newer Windows 10 build, unless you go to Windows Update and click on "Download". This makes sure that you won't be upgraded to the Windows 10 builds below, which don't work for this game.
These Windows 10-builds don't work well with Forza Horizion 4:
Windows 10, build 1903
Windows 10, build 1909
Windows 10, build 20H2
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-04-12T15:36:19+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-01-14T08:08:57+00:00 Fai come ho scritto io, il gioco comunque funziona solo su build 1909 e 1903,installalo disattivando antivirus e firewall, escludilo dalle regole del firewall, installalo abilitando le opzioni sviluppatore, dopo l installazione disabilita da msconfig eventuali servizi quali nahimici o msi afterburner, sono questi ultimi a mandare in crash il gioco, prova e fammi sapere
-
Anonymous
2020-07-06T15:22:01+00:00 so to never use xbox gamebar
-
Anonymous
2020-04-27T17:51:38+00:00 I'm having the same issues with nothing working, i've done all of your methods and uninstalled and reinstalled the game, Im not sure what else I can do, plus ill miss out on getting the 599 XXE next week which sucks. i can load into my house then I drive for between 2-50 senconds then crash reliably, I do not know what to do
-
Anonymous
2020-04-26T02:21:21+00:00 Update the Display driver from the PC or Display adapter maker's Support Downloads web page for your exact model number, HP Serial Number or Dell Service Tag - from the sticker on the PC.
While there check also for newer chipset, BIOS/UEFI firmware (very important), network, sound, USB3 and other drivers, comparing to the ones presently installed in Device Manager reached by right clicking the Start Menu.
If this doesn't give you the latest or ideal driver for what you need, compare it to the driver offered by the Intel driver update Utility here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/...
or the Nvidia Update utility here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=e...
or the AMD autodect utility here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/P...
For Display issues one fix that is working is to Roll back or Uninstall the Driver on the Display Device > Driver tab, restart PC to reinstall driver.
You can also try older drivers in Device Manager > Display device > Driver tab > Update Driver > Browse > Let Me Pick.
Then you will know you've tried everything in addition to Windows Update drivers.
Adjust the screen resolution until it fits and looks best at Settings > System > Display.