Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver stopped working after updating to Windows 10 version 2004

Anonymous
2020-04-18T12:33:10+00:00

Hello. I just updated to Windows 10 version 2004 yesterday, and today the wireless receiver for the Xbox 360 controller stopped working. According to the Device Manager it has turned into an "Unknown Device" without any driver installed. I tried updating the driver using the one from the list (The "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" option), it said that it was installed successfully, but when I clicked "close" and went back to Device Manager, it is still an Unknown Device. I have rebooted the computer several times, still had the same issue. It seems like the only solution left is to go back to the previous version but it's going to take way too long. Does anybody else have this issue or know how to resolve this issue? Thank you!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-11T08:09:24+00:00

    Thank you both you and Steve, this got my controller working in at least Forza 7 which it wasn't before i done Thunderz' suggestion. But can anybody got it working for Greedfall?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-15T12:05:51+00:00

    Thanks a lot it's solved my issue .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-23T23:44:56+00:00

    Wow thanks. I dont get why this is a problem all of a sudden and why we need to jump through all these massive hoops.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-18T12:25:53+00:00

    I had the same issue worked fine until Win 10 2004 killed it and tried all the steps stated so far what a waste of money, due to arthritis cant use the keyboard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments