My Library is empty in Windows Store

Anonymous
2020-03-06T16:29:12+00:00

I noticed yesterday when checking for updates on Windows Store for my installed apps that My Library is empty. The Store shows my installed apps and games, but my All Owned and Ready To Install is empty. This is a fresh up to date install of Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, and OS Build 18363.657. I've already done wsreset, and ran the Windows Store troubleshooter. I've also signed out of the Store and signed back in.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-09-15T03:40:41+00:00

I had the same problem. Tried multiple Win10 fresh installs with no luck.  Then came across this page and tried "Apps" in the filter area - boom it works for me.  

This is on a fresh windows install. Not sure why I got lucky.

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

59 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-28T17:12:11+00:00

    Hello,

    I've exactly the same problem on all my PC's running windows 10 / 2004 (up to date).

    The problem is most probably linked to my account and not to a PC.

    None troubleshooting have found a trouble, and one of these 3 pc's has received a fresh installation last we.

    If I log on any of these pc's with another account (visitor for example), My library in the Windows Store works perfectly.

    I have no game installed, apart the ones installed during a standard windows installation.

    The same problem has been addressed to https://techcommunity.microsoft.com   

    Several people have also this problem but not yet solved.

    In Techcommunity.microsoft.com, the question was : "Windows Store Library shows empty list in "All owned" section when the type Is set to "All Types" "

    Best regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-26T12:33:50+00:00

    I have been having this issue. I have been on build 2004 and done numerous clean installs but each time have issues. I even have problems with things like the Xbox app giving the "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" error upon booting to desktop but if I click on the icon in the start menu it opens fine.

    For the sheer hell of it I installed build 1511 and things worked as they should, I had things in my library. Once I allowed all of the updates to bring it back to build 2004 the issue resurfaced.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-19T09:31:50+00:00

    Just adding another case to the list here.  I have the same issue.  Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (Build 19042.423).  I am also a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber -- there does seem to be an uncanny pattern here...

    I have the same issue, however I am not a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber.  Win10 Pro (Build 19041.450)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-09T20:58:21+00:00

    Just adding another case to the list here.  I have the same issue.  Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (Build 19042.423).  I am also a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber -- there does seem to be an uncanny pattern here...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments