DTS headphone X not working

Anonymous
2020-02-10T10:00:36+00:00

I'm using Asus tuf fx505dt

recently , preinstalled dts headphone x started showing "Please enable the PC speaker to use DTS audio" or "Please connect a headphone to use DTS audio" when I connect my headphones?

any solutions?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-02-17T08:31:35+00:00

My laptop is FX505dt. I installed the third audio driver from the URL below(UAD - ASUS PRIME-TUF DTS) and IT WORKS. 

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/135259-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-2-a-153.html#post1841394

But I think there is still issue. I can't find any difference with surround sound and 3D fix on or off.

Procedure to install this driver:-

Option 1:

  1. Download and unzip the audio driver
  2. Disable the network
  3. Right click on the start icon
  4. Go to device manager-> Sound, video and game controller
  5. Uninstall "Realtek(R) Audio" (Please tick delete the driver software for this device.)
  6. Run the setup.exe in the audio driver folder
  7. Restart your laptop twice!!!!
  8. Go to the DTS Headphone:X v1 app and done.

Option 2:

  1. Download and unzip the audio driver
  2. Disable the network
  3. Right click on the start icon
  4. Go to device manager-> Sound, video and game controller
  5. Right click on the "Realtek(R) Audio" and press "Update Driver"
  6. Press "Browser my computer for the driver software
  7. Click "Browse" to select the folder of audio driver
  8. Press next
  9. Check the driver installed (Right click on the "Realtek(R) Audio"->properties->"Driver" tab)

10.  If the version is 6.0.8895.1, restart your computer. Done

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-17T07:31:02+00:00

    yeah I think that might be the cause

    Update us if you find any solution cuz it sucks to play any music now!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-16T19:42:47+00:00

    hi

    I tried reinstalling DTS component driver from Asus but it didn't work

    Also i have reinstalled DTS Headphone X multiple time but it is still not working

    I tried many different headphones too

    And also there is no such prob in my friend's laptop.

    Do you think it might have been caused by some windows update and i should run sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth?

    UPDATE

    I did run 'sfc /scannow' and 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth' , but still not workng

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-16T03:55:18+00:00

    Is it solved?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-16T03:54:17+00:00

    Not working

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments