DTS headphone X not working

Anonymous
2020-02-10T10:00:36+00:00

I'm using Asus tuf fx505dt

recently , preinstalled dts headphone x started showing "Please enable the PC speaker to use DTS audio" or "Please connect a headphone to use DTS audio" when I connect my headphones?

any solutions?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-02-17T08:31:35+00:00

My laptop is FX505dt. I installed the third audio driver from the URL below(UAD - ASUS PRIME-TUF DTS) and IT WORKS. 

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/135259-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-2-a-153.html#post1841394

But I think there is still issue. I can't find any difference with surround sound and 3D fix on or off.

Procedure to install this driver:-

Option 1:

  1. Download and unzip the audio driver
  2. Disable the network
  3. Right click on the start icon
  4. Go to device manager-> Sound, video and game controller
  5. Uninstall "Realtek(R) Audio" (Please tick delete the driver software for this device.)
  6. Run the setup.exe in the audio driver folder
  7. Restart your laptop twice!!!!
  8. Go to the DTS Headphone:X v1 app and done.

Option 2:

  1. Download and unzip the audio driver
  2. Disable the network
  3. Right click on the start icon
  4. Go to device manager-> Sound, video and game controller
  5. Right click on the "Realtek(R) Audio" and press "Update Driver"
  6. Press "Browser my computer for the driver software
  7. Click "Browse" to select the folder of audio driver
  8. Press next
  9. Check the driver installed (Right click on the "Realtek(R) Audio"->properties->"Driver" tab)

10.  If the version is 6.0.8895.1, restart your computer. Done

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-29T11:58:28+00:00

    Hello mate

    I had the same problem today again after updating Windows ....

    What I do?

    1. switch off internet 
    2. Uninstall realtek drivers from device manager ( tick delete all drivers)
    3. I install the same drivers as before link below

    https://mega.nz/#!BFdwTAgJ!6k5NjpPMU5OAkjLae4dWqxz8hWq--SCXQmI3wcNGeIY

    1. Restart laptop
    2. Restart laptop again
    3. Done

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-18T16:57:54+00:00

    Uninstall the DTS Headphone and re-start your computer and install again

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-19T05:36:51+00:00

    I own the same laptop model, I cannot seem to make it work, I tried the same steps.

    Please try option 2.

    As long as you can install the driver. You should get it work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-10T11:27:12+00:00

    Hi Haris,

    This issue with the DTS Audio Control can be caused by system corruption on the application itself. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you uninstall the application. Here's how:

    Type DTS in the search field at the taskbar.

    Right-click on the DTS Audio Control in the results.

    Click Uninstall.

    Once done, proceed with installing it back.

    You can also check out with Asus as the manufacturer of this application for any updated drivers that can help to resolve the issue.

    You may try to plug in the headphone again once the issue has been resolved. If it is the same, try a different headphone and let us know about the results.

    Please let me know if this will solve your issue.

    Thanks and regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments