Your phone app - Bluetooth is connected but can't hear calls

Anonymous
2020-03-31T11:32:39+00:00

Hey,

I am trying to make calls trough my PC.

I have problem with connecting the audio when having a call to my PC nevertheless with my Android phone there is Bluetooth connection. 

  1. I am able to make and receive calls but the audio does not come through my headphones. Even if I try to toggle (Off) the "Use phone" option in the call window it reverts back turning it on within a second. (not a bit of audio for the second too).

When I do it I receive error message "Can't make the call. Make sure your device is connected to Bluetooth, then try the call again.",  as depicted in the image below.

  1. I tried switching the audio on my phone to the laptop (Bluetooth) it also reverts back within a second.
  2. When receiving an incoming call I get a similar error message "Can't receive call audio on this this device. Accept on phone instead" , I added a screenshot of the error below

I already tried to unpair the Bluetooth connection and setup again the connection trough your phone app, but still didn't work

Restarted both PC and my Android phone, didn't help.

Is there a solution for this?

Note: This is not a sound issue.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-12T22:18:46+00:00

    Just click on the Use Phone button during a call. Strangely it then outputs on PC. If it still makes no sound your issue may be you're trying to output to a wireless headset. Only wired is supported.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-12-12T22:15:24+00:00

    Success!

    Like others I assumed this was a bug.

    The fix is easy. Just click the use phone button on your pc.

    For whatever reason it was outputting to the phone by default, so I had to click the button to turn it off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-01T15:48:22+00:00

    Hi ItayLev,

    Got it, thanks. How about if we try these last steps below & see if it works.

    1. Try following the steps in the section "I’m having problems making and receiving Calls" from the link below.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/for...

    1. If that won't work, then reboot your to Safe Mode with Networking & check if the issue persists.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/...

    1. If that won't work, try setting up the You Phone app on another PC (if available) & see if it's persistent.

    If all fails, then I suggest it's time to send a bug report to the Feedback Hub.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402156...

    I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!

    Sincerely,

    Paul A.

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-01T05:48:06+00:00

    Hi ItayLev,

    How are you? Any updates?

    Which step have you tried? If you encountered an error, kindly let me know also.

    I hope this helps. Let me know how you go. Thank you!

    Sincerely,

    Paul A.

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-31T12:11:25+00:00

    Hey Horace,

    Thank you for your response,

    I have looked at what you sent but it didn't assist me.

    This is not a sound problem,my sounds works fine in my computer. 

    The Bluetooth connection working well in other independent devices, Both from my PC and my Android phone.

    I do not think it is error with the Bluetooth connection because I can make calls from the PC and receive notification on a new incoming call,

    I have also rested all the Bluetooth settings just to make sure and it didn't help.

    So I suspect there is bug on the app on the PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments